Monday 23 January 2012

Feeling Freedom? Does it Exist?


Feeling Freedom? Does it Exist?

Freedom..The condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints.

In the U.K. most of us see ourselves as free, able to do what we like, when we like, and how we like! So why is it that we find ourselves constantly struggling with daily life and health? Is it because the freedom allows corruption to filter through our lives? money? fast food? Women or Men...? maybe not in some cases depending on how you feel about it but is there not that feeling of being trapped by an addiction? or by our greed, blinding us from the real world? The gap that just never fills! Is that freedom?

Isn't Freedom a gift? I'm fortunate to have the life I do. As I write this I sit at my desk with a nice cup of tea, heating on, A bit of music playing in the background, I'm not saying I haven't had the tough times, hey who hasn't... but I'm free... Right?

I've learnt a lot in the past three years, I became a Christian on the 22nd December 2008 (approx) I didn't realise what had hit me until I finally opened my eyes and saw what I'd become! I thought I was free, young lad, the world at his feet, I didn't care who I would hurt, just wanted a good time all the time! I didn't realise what a mess I was getting myself into! But I was Free!..Right?

Isn't freedom abused though? Don't we see it in the Western world on a daily basis? an example I would use would be the recent riots in London..pardon me protests in London...Is that an abuse of freedom? The way I see it, freedom produces a void within us which needs to be filled, a lot of us fill the void with the bad fruit of this world.

Fortunately the gap was filled for me, bought and paid for by Jesus. God has shown me fantastic grace for things I just couldn't forgive myself for! But because God did what he did for me I truly see the Love he has for me.  God "sacrificed" his only Son so that I can be forgiven for my Sins. (Bible Ref: John 3:16)

If you need to see it to believe it, watch a powerful DVD called 'The Passion of The Christ' (some viewers may find this graphic and emotional)

I know what your going to say, So I could commit Murder and God will forgive me just like that?

God gave us free choice;  Freedom to choose what we want to do in life, were we want to go, what we want to accomplish!( if he made us all the same then that would be defeating the object of creation and everyone would be robots!) If I want to Worship God, I can, If I want to Play the guitar I can, If I want to shout I LOVE JESUS I can! But on the downside to this amazing but necessary freedom, I could Murder, I could Steal, I could commit adultery... but if you had such power and love filling the Void with God in your life, then why would you need to?  you wouldn't need the quick fix, the rush of adrenaline or that last line before you move onto the next pub...

God will forgive you for what ever you have done...He wants you home, not left in the dark! And its free, no hidden extras or charges, no monthly subscription, no terms and/or conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment