Saturday 14 January 2012

Gods Voice, are you being called?

I think sometimes its difficult to listen to Gods voice when the worlds screaming around you. 

For the purpose of this post, if you can just close your eyes for 15 seconds and listen to your breathing pattern... isnt it peaceful to listen to your own breathing, its like the world fades just for that little bit and you find peace. Its amazing to think that the first thing God did once creating us from dust is Breathe life into us.

So looking at it in the context that God breathed life into us, doesn't that mean that the air we breath is Gods own breath?

I love the idea that God is the one keep us physically alive through air.

Isn't it strange that we rely on air yet we cant see it? We put our trust in a substance that we cant see yet we rely on it to keep us alive! Still we cant deal with the idea of a 'God' watching over us and protecting us.

I love the Atheists faith! They have great believe that God doesn't exist! its a good thing God believes in them bearing in mind that God breathes life into them everyday.

 I think we expect Gods voice to be a great, deep, bellowing voice that knocks us over! but what about this concept; going with the idea of air which is silent; why can't Gods voice be a feeling? or a tap on the shoulder when we are about to fall from grace? What about Gods voice being that gut feeling when you know something just isn't quite right or is a brilliant idea? What if God doesn't need to talk because he's imprinted his own spirit to work alongside ours to allow us to see right and wrong and stay on his path? Have you ever had that?

I'm quite stubborn, I know God is nudging me to work in Youth Minestry but Im just not allowing myself to participate. Gods voice for me is the following: I get given a very expensive guitar to practice with because my good friend has felt I should start playing, I've been provided great friends who are very musical and want me to join them in worship, I've been prompted to start Youth Ministry. Now bear in mind that I've not asked to do any sort of ministry or leading, I think Gods talking to me there... but isn't it just that, shouldn't I just go for it, I mean what have I got to lose, ITS GOD'S VOICE!?

The problem is, we seem to have this nagging feeling which isn't of God, the feeling of rejection and failure the feeling of humiliation, I mean who wants to fail...?

The thing to remember with God is, no ones a failure, God wouldn't put you through things which you cant handle, God has your back and even if you did get things wrong God will forgive you! Just be truthful to God and he will reward you, God is your Father in Heaven who wants you to succeed in life! But all you have to do is just listen to him.

As the famous songs goes, ' God didn't mess up when he made you, Hes a Father who loves to parade you!' Delirious- Our God Reigns

Try and take 15 minutes out of your day and just simply wait on God to speak to you.

God Bless!


2 comments:

  1. He has also spoken through His Word.What you think God is telling you seems to be consistent with what the Bible says we are to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I think your right... I suppose that's a good thing though isn't it? if you don't mind me asking how has your journey with God been?

    ReplyDelete